UnNet RBL expanded
The virusscan box runs an perl script that feeds an PostgreSQL database with 1 entry per virus incident. Another box runs an perl script every 15 minutes to update the DNSBL to incorporate the virus entries.
The list can be accessed at dnsbl.unnet.nl and will return 127.0.0.3 if the host is virus infected.
Hosts that are virus infected but we have not seen in the last 24 hours are automatically purged. (Exactly as the virbl does).
MT 3.11, MTB 2.01 and PostgreSQL
Therefore it will break. On MT::Blacklist's Forum there is a thread going on how to fix this. There is a link to David Rayne's Weblog that hints how to fix this issue.
It consists out of editing lib/MT/PluginData.pm to have another data subroutine.
My UNIX Jukebox
However Pearl is no longer here so I had to find some other box to do it. Searching in my boxen collection I had the choice between my SparcStation 20 and my SGI O2. As the O2 is a little sleaker in design, I went for the O2.
The O2 is running IRIX 6.5.24m with an mpg123 and perl from SGI Freeware. The jukebox daemon software is written by Rink Springer of Interlink (which was based on the software I used for pearl). However it gave some troubles installing. First there was some incompatible C code in jukebox which barfed gcc on IRIX. Together with Rink we fixed these issues. Next problem occured, the scanner that reads the mp3's into the database (which is running on polaris (Solaris)) would not compile on IRIX due to fts use which is not available on IRIX. The old perl scanner that predates the C++ version also wouldn't budge because MP3::Info also wouldn't build on IRIX.
Rink modified scan.cc to not use fts, but hey, next problem occured. Linking scan.cc with libid3 also barfed. After looking at fixes for this problem I just decided to run the scanner on the fileserver which inserts them into the database.
So now I have a working (but complex) setup. To summarize the setup:
- phoebe - fileserver, filescanner
- polaris - databaseserver and webserver frontend
- patience - frontend mp3 player and jukebox daemon
Complex but working! Thanks Rink!
UPDATE: It seems that 18K mp3's and the 1mbit upstream is a little harsh on jukebox, as it is totally unuseable, well that means XMMS and remote X for this evening.
Moblog test - 2
Dit is dan moblog test 2
And it works ;) The moblog works as following. I send an email from my mobile phone to a specific email address with an picture as attachement, the log entries title as subject, and the log entries text in the body.
My mailserver sees that it's an moblog mail trough procmail which fires the moblog perl script that saves the image on my server and makes a weblog post trough XMLRPC.
Still some thing todo, like making it set the category and changing some more settings here and there.
There, step 1 of the moblog addon to MT (thanks to perl and procmail). However it should set the category and the title by itself. Well that's something to do after my bike ride ;)
Running PostgreSQL and MT 3.1
mt3=# update mt_template set template_created_on = NOW();
mt3=# update mt_template set template_modified_on = NOW();